Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day #244: "Sleeping Beauty and the Beast" - Behind the Scenes

Normally my plays are performed and produced by middle schools and high school drama departments. Often this results in a low budget production, mainly because we don't spend enough money funding the arts in public education! (Okay, I'll get off my soap box now.)

Every so often, a community or regional theater will select one of my plays. This is always exciting because these groups typically have a little more funds and I'm always anxious to see what they'll create.

About five years ago, the San Carlos Children's Theatre put on a production of my comedy, "Sleeping Beauty and the Beast." They didn't film the show (that's against copyright laws) but they did film a lot of behind the scenes material. The result is a glimpse at a lot of young performers having a great time....



Whether it's regional, professional, community, or educational... I am honored when any group chooses one of my plays. It's great and humbling knowing that at any given moment, someone is working on one of my plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment