Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sending Stuff Into the Universe


As I often lament, I am not good at marketing myself.

However, I am good at remaining optimistic enough to continue to write, believing that some of those manuscripts will eventually get into the right hands and achieve some level of success.

This summer, my latest book was born, and I was incredibly thankful when my friends began posting photos of their kids reading "Around the World in a Bathtub."


It is ingratiating to know that children and grown-ups around the country (and perhaps the globe) are sharing my stories... and hopefully this is just the beginning. 

This past week, the editors at Eldridge Plays sent me an offer to publish a one-act version of my play "12 Angry Pigs." It's based off a skit I wrote about seven years ago... and since its creation this little parody has taken on a life of its own, being performed at many international schools seeking scripts for reader's theater. I can't wait to see what happens next, now that it runs about 25 minutes and has a lot more characters and a lot more comedic action. 


Also this week, I have been sending stuff out into the universe. My agent currently has two manuscripts of mine, both picture books. One of them is a revision that we've been tinkering with for several months. It's about young dragons. This is draft #8. The other is a brand new project about an ostrich. 

Also, about three weeks ago, my agent submitted a new project to several editors (I don't know how many, actually). This particular manuscript is about kittens at a theme park. 

Finally, I did submit Change the Station to Eldridge Plays. This is the one written by Chris Flowers and yours truly. 


So, here's the run-down of the stuff: 

1) Dragon Book (waiting for agent response)

2) Ostrich Book (waiting for agent response)

3) Kitten Book (waiting for editor response)

4) Radio Play (waiting for editor response)

Keep your fingers crossed and hope that the universe is kind to these little stories. 





No comments:

Post a Comment