Saturday, June 23, 2018

Lucky Chapter Thirteen


Thirteen has always been a lucky number for me. My eldest daughter was born on Friday the 13th. That also happens to be my parents wedding date, way back when. And of course, the title of my upcoming book from Candlewick is There's a Dinosaur on the 13th Floor.

So, it should surprise me that this kids' book that I've been working on has concluded on the thirteenth chapter. The writing process was quick and joyful -- thise two things are rare qualities when it comes to my method (which usually involves self-hatred and head-to-desk assaults).

Hopefully the revision will go just as smoothly, and that ediotrs will immediately fall in love with it, and it will be on bookshelves by 2019. Hmm... Could I be so lucky?

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment