Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Busy, Tired, and a Little Bit Sick


My family has been grappling with a cold. For a long time I avoided catching it. But then I accidentally drank from Emily's water glass, and two days later I've got a sore throat

It was rough the first day (Monday). I seriously contemplated calling in sick, but I didn't want to let my students down! (Yes, I know in reality they would be overjoyed to have the day off, but in my imagnation they are gathered around a notice on the door, wailing in sorrow over my well being, praying for a speedy recovery.)

Today it's just a minor cold, and hopefully it will be completely gone before the weekend.

Last weekend was my eldest daughter's 19th birthday. We visited her on campus, delivering bags and bags of presents (as well as her boyfriend, which I am guessing was her favorite present of all.)

We also watched the UC Irvine theater department's production of CHESS. I spent much of my teen years listening to both the British and American cast albums; it was a blast to finally witness the story on stage. It's an odd musical, to be sure, but beautiful nonetheless.

As far as my writing projects, things are slow. I'm not hearing thing back regarding the Kitten Book. I recently added rhymes to my Dragon Book, which may or may not please my agent. I've got some drama ideas in the works, but nothing solid yet.

Most days I guess I feel that I am not living up to my potential as an artist, but I try to take solace in the fact that I'm doing the best I can as a husband and a father. For the most part, that chases the angst away.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment