Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day #54: Visiting Plum Canyon Elementary

Wow! What a fun day!

My friend Flo Loring, school teacher extraordinaire, invited me to visit the sixth graders of Plum Canyon Elementary.

I love talking to people in this age group. They have so much creativity and enthusiasm -- it's contagious.

We talked about my picture books, my plays, and Camp Omigosh. I read the prologue to the novel, and they gave me all the laughter I had hoped for. Flo and I read the Jellyfish Knock Knock joke from "The Little Mermaid." And we performed some improv, based upon the premise of my one-act play, Genre.

I like to think that I encourage children to explore their artistic sides... But really, they are the ones who provide encouragement. Their admiration for my work is a gift, and I am grateful to have met every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment