Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Day #56: I'm Losing at Kickstarter

But that's okay. i'm learning and I'm having fun.

So far, we have earned 10% of our $4,500 goal. This means that Skyrocket Press won't be receiving any funds, unless by some miracle we reach our goal.

I'll admit, this is embarrassing for me. It's a reminder that I have a long way to go before becoming an effective marketer/self-promoter. Not to mention, I'm a long, long way off from being an established author with an actual audience.

The truth is: I'm very obscure.

I'm okay with that, to some degree. I am not interested in a James Patterson level of fame. (Don't get me started about James Patterson and how I DO NOT WANT to be anything like him.) But I would like to someday have enough interest in my work so that I can make a living doing what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment