Saturday, April 18, 2015

Day #102: Grading Papers Vs. Being Creative


It never fails. I got a stack of papers in front of me, and all I want to do is dive into creative writing projects. What usually happens is that I sit at my desk, staring off into space, accomplishing nothing.

Sometimes I day dream that I just give everyone a B+ and call it a day. No reading. No marking for grammar. No evaluation. Just a passing grade.

But then I think about how some of the students (maybe just a few) are really and truly hoping to become a better writer. Some of them might want to write a book some day, or an article, or a memoir. As much as I want to be a selfish artist, I feel better about myself when get the essays on my desk done, and play around on the page after I've finished my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment