Sunday, April 26, 2015

Day #110: Amazing Audience = Awesome Performance


This afternoon was the penultimate performance of The Three Musketeers. It was by far the most enthusiastic audience we've had so far. Next weekend we have just one more show. I am so thankful for my cast and crew.

Many of the cast members (especially my long time theater friends Marcus Langston and Michael Keane, came up with some terrific jokes to add to the script).

Normally when I direct, it seems like I'm the most energetic/creative person and I'm constantly trying to get everybody else to match me. However, this time around, the reverse was true. The actors put their mind and body into every rehearsal. Thom Allen was amazing as our fight captain/choreographer. Martha and our make-up team gave me one less thing to worry about. Nanook's sound was masterful and accommodating, as always. He makes sound design look so easy. My daughter Mackenzie stepped up to become a lighting designer for the very first time, and she was mentored by the theatrical genius Brian Maly. My wife was a top notch lighting technician and more importantly my directorial go-to, anytime I was unsure about my vision, she helped me stay on track. And anytime I needed help stage manager Jesse was always there.

Chelsea outdid herself yet again. Her costumes get better with each production. And I cannot say enough about Pat Mannion's contributions to the show. His positive energy, expert communication and carpentry skills, and overall organization was vital to the production.

I have probably forgotten a lot of people... But as soon as I remember them, I'll add it to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment