Monday, May 23, 2016

Set Construction by Day, Duck Town by Night (Summer 2016 - Day Five)

Started off by sleeping in until 9am -- which makes me feel like I'm wasting my summer. The best time during the summer (especially when it's scorching hot) is between 6:30 and 10:30am. So I really need to make sure I get an early start each day.

I had hoped to scan as many images of Duck Town as possible. (For the record, the drawing and inking portion is done -- now I need to scan and edit about 60% of the graphic novel.) However, Cheri needed help with a prop chicken. So, I did my best to make one for her. It looks good for a Muppet production, but I don't know if it'll work for Hello Dolly.

Once I was at the theater there was no going back. There were props to make and walls to paint. I left Kenzie and Cheri at around 6:30 -- picked up some take-out at Stonefire Grill -- and then journeyed home to feed Emily. She was productive today. She cleaned her room!

From 7:30 until midnight, I was able to focus on Duck Town. Chapter four and chapter five are now scanned.

I've been listening to a lot of Prince. Last night I listened to one of my personal favorites: Diamonds and Pearls. I miss that mad, wonderful genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment