Friday, September 8, 2017

Resolution Check-In: September Edition

Well, well, it's that time again. Resolution Check-In! September marks the home stretch of 2017. Labor Day has come and gone, and pretty soon it'll be Halloween, followed by Thanksgiving, climaxing with the best holiday of all: the release of a new Star Wars movie!

So, let's see how I am doing as far as keeping up with these promises to myself.

1) Take More Photos (at least 2 per Week)

In the past thirty days I've taken lots of photos, mainly at a variety of events (including my niece's wedding). But I'm glad that I'm working on this check-in, because I'm just now realizing that I've taken very few photos at the beginning of this month, so I'll have to step things up to make sure I meet my goal when I touch base again at the beginning of October.

Here are a couple of my favorites which celebrate the tail-end of summer break.




Achievement: 67% Complete


2) Write / Sell a New Picture Book: 

This one has been locked in for a while now. Hoping to go for bonus points by selling a second book before the year is through. There's a new one lurking in the editor stacks as we speak. Keep your fingers crossed!

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED.


3) Generate New Idea for Next Big Project (Complete 25%)

I wrote a collection of picture books which fulfills this category. Still revising some of them. If I'm really ambitious, I'll trying coming up with BIG IDEA #2 before the year is through.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED.


4) Work on a Creative Project with My Daughters


Still not happening. Emily and I stayed up late singing karaoke. Does that count? Right now it seems preparing them for college and slogging through all the red tape -- that seems to be our main project of the year! But when it comes to producing something creative together, I want it to be something fun and not something forced.

Achievement: Pending


5) Show my appreciation more often / strengthen relationships and communication

I've been making more progress, mainly by celebrating & positively reviewing the work of my author friends. Still got a long list to complete. Running out of time!

Achievement: 16.5% Complete


6) Lose ten pounds

Yep, still good on this one. The last time I stood on the scale I was 164, a good place to be.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED.

No comments:

Post a Comment