Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Good News... More Details Coming Soon...

I cannot say too much specific about my latest good news, but I can tell you one BIG thing:

My agent has received an offer for my second picture book!

I am so grateful.  They say that the second book is the hardest, and for me that was definitely true.  That is to say, I wrote many "second books," but finding a publisher proved very challenging.  If you've been following my adventures as a writer, then you'll recall that shortly after I sold my first picture book, the publisher (Tricycle Press) was purchased and then dismantled by another company.  That meant hat finding a new editor/publisher was like starting all over again.

Fortunately, super-agent Abigail saved the day... as she so often does. 

I'm also happy to report that my first book, Why Do I Have to Make My Bed? Or, a History of Messy Rooms has a bit of staying power.  It might not be an international best seller, but I noticed that it's still used in lots of classrooms. 

I just stumbled upon a cool blog called "Navigating Third Grade" and they were kind enough to include the book in their discussion on C.A.R.E. skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment