Monday, June 16, 2014

"Summer of Fun" Schedule

So, in my last post, I mentioned how amazingly productive I've been.  In this post, allow me to once again say that I am amazingly pathetic when it comes to developing an audience.

I do have a few loyal fans (Hi Mom!).  I am grateful for the many drama teachers that continue to choose my plays.  And there are quite a few nice folks (over 10,000 of them) who bought my picture book, Why Do I Have To Make My Bed? 

But I don't have a following... Mainly because I'm not interesting enough to be followed.  I once had a stalker, but he only stalked me for about minutes and then he was like, "This sucks, I'm outta here."

So, in addition to my writing, I've decided that I am going to do an experiment.  I've got several projects going on this summer.  For the next two months -- and hopefully beyond -- I will be involved with several fun projects that will get me a little bit out of my comfort zone.  I'll be using this blog and my website (and some other socially-networky things) to promote them.  In a few months time, we'll see if any of these things catch on...

And now, without further ado, I present my "Summer of Fun" Schedule:


Monday: Web Comic "Drama Geek" (Monday Edition)
This is a cartoon I've been drawing for a while.  It's like Broadway meets the Far Side.

Tuesday: Professor Picture Book
This is a blog I've been brainstorming about for a while.  A character named "Prof. Picturebook" and his cat will review children's books in the style of Siskel andEbert.

Wednesday: Castle Writemore
Join Sir Snoresalot and the rest of the castle characters as they share writing ideas with young authors.

BONUS: "Drama Geek" (Wednesday Edition)

Thursday: Movie Question Day

Friday: Camp Omigosh YouTube Channel
This week I will be uploading five videos chronicling the misadventures of the kids at Camp Omigosh, creating a YouTube companion piece to the play & novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment