Monday, June 16, 2014

My Writing Activities: May 15th - June 15th


During the last two summers, I took a break from teaching and went up to Washington state.  It was a blast!  Lot's of adventures with the family, and lots of time to work on writing projects.

This summer -- in order to start saving for my daughters' college funds -- correction, in order to first pay off some credit card bill and THEN start saving for college -- I will be teaching two courses.

At first I was very sad about this.  However, it turns out that because I knew I wouldn't have as much free time this summer, I have spent the last four weeks (my break between spring and summer classes) being ultra-creative and mega-productive.  The last thirty days have been a wild ride that has produced a couple new picture books, two new plays, the final chapters of my middle grade novel, and a whole lot of revision.

Oh, and I am signed up for the upcoming SCBWI conference in Los Angeles this August.

Whew!

Oh, the other not-so-sad part.  My classes take place only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, in the afternoon.  So, when you think about it, I still get five days off a week.  Ever since I've been hired full time at Moorpark College, I have been counting my blessings.  I get paid to teach students about writing and literature, and I get a nice chunk of free-time.  Can't get much better than that!


No comments:

Post a Comment