Saturday, March 25, 2017

Camp Omigosh Podcast


My Creative Writing students have been given a new literary experiment (if they choose to accept this challenge):

Create an audio recording. This could be a cool podcast, or an audio recording of a student's story, or a recitation of a poem, or a song performance, or a radio show -- you get the idea. Anything involving sound is welcome.

Once upon a time, when I was trying to come up with marketing ideas for my book/play Camp Omigosh, I decided to make some video / audio promos, inspired by the amazingly quirky podcast Welcome to Night Vale. 

Oh, by the way, if you'd like to read my middle grade adventure novel, Camp Omigosh, the Kindle version is now on sale for 99 cents! 

Back to my podcast experiment: I recorded audio tracks, organizing a variety of camp bulletins, delivered by a strangely pleasant Head Counselor named Mr. Warren. The goal was to get into the spirit of the book (which combines elements of humor, supernatural, sci-fi, and summer camp adventures). And since I was planning to post it on Youtube, I decided to add a variety of still images to help with the comedy. I'll let you decided whether or not it works.

Camp Omigosh: Day One



Camp Omigosh: Day Two




Camp Omigosh: Day Three




Camp Omigosh: Day Four




Camp Omigosh: Day Five




No comments:

Post a Comment