Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - March 1st, 2017


What Am I Working On?

After a week of no creative productivity, I finally returned to my middle grade novel. I am just a couple pages into Chapter Two.

Word Count: 850 -- not quite at my goal, but I'll update this if I get more done this evening.

How Do I Feel About the Process?

I was frustrated for a little while because I started to plot out a few details. I am mostly a Pantzer, but I will often figure out how a novel will end. However, based upon some of the published novels I have stumbled upon online and in bookstores, I am starting to sense that some of my plot ideas (things I thought would be unique) have actually been done before... perhaps too often for me to pursue the current storyline.

But the good news is... I like spending time with these characters (I should since they are loosely based on my daughters)... so I plan to keep writing, at least for a while, and see what happens. This means I am in Full Seat of Your Pants Mode with no plot or expectation. I am just going to see what conflict develops and have fun.

What Am I Reading?

I'm still reading David and Goliath. And lots of literary essays and MidTerms.

No comments:

Post a Comment