Wednesday, January 3, 2018

December Reflections

Happy New Year! I haven't blogged much in December so let me do a little catching up... And what better way to catch up than by posting some grainy photos taken with my iPhone 4?

My eldest child passed all of her college classes during her first quarter away from home!


So, we took a moment to honor the somber occasion of packing up and heading home for Winter Break.


Actually, the occasion wasn't that somber!

Throughout the month of December, Cheri and I enjoyed walking the dogs around various parts of our neighborhood, soaking in dazzling holiday lights. Here's one of my favorite decorations, a couple blocks down the street from us. You know me, I'm partial to ducks.


We did some of our own decorating. You'll notice on our Christmas tree, I adorned a pair of googly eyes I won at a White Elephant gift exchange. I was quite happy with this Yankee Swap.


Oh, and inspired by the movie Downsizing, here's a tiny Christmas village.


The girls celebrated California Christmas early...


... and then we went to visit family in Washington...




We spent ten days in Washington state, visiting our families for Christmas. It was a lovely time. All of the nieces and nephews are grown up... so it's a little strange that we don't stay up until 3am helping Santa fill all of the stockings. But I do have to admit, it's much more relaxing now that we're older! Oh, and the most beautiful moment is when it started to snow on Christmas Eve...



We had a White Christmas! Danny Kaye and Bing Crosby would be so happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment