Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Too Tired for Projects

 There are days when I don't get anything creative done... those are usually work days. 


This semester, I have an awesome teaching schedule. I have classes on Mondays and Wednesdays. That's it! 


I do have an online class (English 1B) and I also have my Curriculum and Tech Review meetings... but for the most part, I've got four-day weekends the whole semester... and Fall 2023 looks pretty much the same. 


And yet, I'll still find things about which to complain. Today (Monday, March 6th) all I did was drive to work, teach classes, drive home, and I was exhausted. All I wanted to do was eat a sandwich, talk to Cheri, watch TV, and go to bed... and that's exactly how my evening turned out. 


So, no progress on any creative projects today... but I did listen to a lot of Charles Dickens' Little Dorrit. It's a huge novel -- meandering, but in a pleasant way. I'm very interested to find out why Little Dorrit's father was imprisoned in the first place... and how good-natured Mr. Clemmons (or at least his parents) might be responsible. 

The show Cheri and I have been watching is 1883. 


It's a good Western... and yet... I feel like I've seen this story told somewhere before... 





No comments:

Post a Comment