Sunday, February 1, 2015

Day #27: I Suck at This


I could write an entire blog with that title. There are so many things at which I suck. I can't back up a trailer. I can't run a four minute (or a fourteen minute) mile. I suck at math. I suck at graphic design. I suck at sports. I suck at home maintenance.

I suck at lots of things, and so far I suck at making money for this $20,000 Challenge.

And that's okay. I think it's good to be aware of one's suckiness. Not because I think people should feel bad about themselves, but when one is aware of deficiencies then the situation can be improved, the problem can be worked on, the suckiness can be decreased. If my wife tells me I have bad breath, I can pop a stick of gum in my mouth. Things can get better.

My little amount of earnings for he $20,000 is laughable so far. But I'm becoming more and more aware of my limitations, and I'm going to figure out a way to not suck quite so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment