Monday, February 9, 2015

Day #35: Hooray for Luncheons!


This morning and afternoon I enjoyed a wonderful lunch / book discussion with the Assitance League of Ventura. This is a very worthy charity led by some of the most dedicated women (and a few men) I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

This was the 20th Annual Author's Luncheon. A few months ago, a wonderful book seller (Connie from Mrs. Figg's Bookworm) invited me to join this event as a featured guest, along side historian Barbara Brooks Tomblin and none other than the best selling novelist, Lisa See.

The lovely ladies who organized the event gave us each our own table, complete with books to sell and sign. Then, we adjourned to the conference room. Each author gave a 15-20 minute presentation. I was a bit nervous about this, until I got up to the microphone. The audience was so gracious and responsive that my fears immediately melted away.

My speech wasn't just about my picture book (Why Do I Have to Make My Bed?), it was also about the "Believers and Listeners" from my childhood. I focused on my teachers from my Elementary school days. Turns out that many of the women in the audience were teachers -- so my presentation was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment