Thursday, February 19, 2015

Day #45: Hitting the Send Button

The latest draft of the bathtub book is complete, including the back matter! Working with my editors at Charlesbridge continues to be a wonderful experience. I had forgotten how fun -- yes I said fun -- revision can be. With a picture book, the author is working within a very finite space with a limited amount of words. It's sometimes like a puzzle because you need everything to fit within just over thirty pages; you also want to let the illustrator tell much of the story, so I find myself holding back a lot of exposition, which hopefully results in a better story.

Anyway, I hit the send button.

The latest draft is now floating in cyberspace, waiting to be read. It might take a while. According to the weather reports, my publisher and editors might be buried beneath six feet of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment