Monday, February 16, 2015

Day #42: No Time to Write Today


Sometimes there's just no time for focused creativity. That might be me making an excuse. After all, I am taking time out of my day to write this blog... Instead, why don't I start on a new novel? Well, let's just say that it doesn't require as much energy and inspiration to write this blog entry. But creative writing -- at least for me -- is time consuming in a fulfilling albeit soul-draining way.

So, what did I do with my day off? (It's President's Day.) My main accomplishment involved renting a Rug Doctor, using a Rug Doctor, and returning the Rug Doctor.

Then, I listened to lots of different Opera songs and movie soundtracks in an attempt to find the right sound mix for The Three Musketeers.

And I spent time with the family -- which is always wonderful -- but, as Jim Croce once said, there never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do when you find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment