Sunday, February 15, 2015

Day #41: Bathtub Book Research 98% Complete


Yes, I am almost done with the second draft of my bathtub book. I have even developed some really cool "back matter" which digs into the research in greater detail -- but hopefully it's still entertaining to younger readers.

But, I'm not quite finished... I'm still trying to confirm a couple things about Yup'ik culture and language (how to say "yes" and "no"). And I also need to create a pronunciation guide for the various non-English words.

I tried to squeeze in as much cool stuff as I could... but here's one awesome item that didn't make the list (because it seemed terrible to recommend it in a children's book): This is the Devil's Pool, a local watering hole located at the top of Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. It's right on the edge of the falls, but the geological formations make it "reasonably safe" for adventurers.


No comments:

Post a Comment