November finds me focusing on the job of being an English teacher and a productive faculty member who dutifully attends curriculum meetings (in which I do my best to pretend I am a grown up).
Very little creative work has been accomplished in the last ten days. Every once in a while, I sketch some of the Duck Town characters, just so I stay in practice.
A few interesting details in my personal life (which I am writing down more for me than for you, dear reader...)
- my daughter Emily turned 14
- my mother visited us during Halloween (and now she's visiting us this weekend as well)
- I hurt my wife's feelings, sincerely apologized, and I still feel quite guilty
- I've been reading Don Quixote for World Literature
- my daughter Mackenzie went to work with me on Wednesday
- her visit made me reminded me that I am an untidy slob (mostly my car, but partly my office.)
- I finished watching the complete series of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- I might be working on a holiday themed radio play
- I went to the dentist for a cleaning, and I'll need to return for a crown prep
- I graded a ton of poetry essays
- my daughter Mackenzie turns 17 tomorrow
Oh, I received a royalty check from Amazon Publishing for $104... so that means we get to slightly raise the challenge total!
Challenge Total Update: $9861.70
With a little luck, we'll reach $10,000 by Jan 1st. (That's only the halfway point -- but that's a lot more than farther than I ever imagined I would get!)