Monday, December 30, 2019

Goals for a New Year, New Decade


All right, people. This is it. Time to get serious. We're 48 hours away from the Roaring Twenties 2.0!

By the end of this decade I will be an old person. (That's assuming I survive until 2030.) Therefore, I want to hit as many of my bucket list goals as possible, within the next ten years.

My most ambitious life-long project that I hope to complete is a cycle of Eight Novels.

One of them (CAMP OMIGOSH) is in print. Two of them have been completed in manuscript form (VISIONS in the MIDNIGHT REALM, TWIXT & TWERP).

God willing, the next book in the cycle will be KETTLE BLACK. Hopefully I will complete that during 2020. Then, I have the rest of the decade to generat the last four novels (and I only have murky ideas about what they will be).

New Year's Resolutions...

For 2019... I was a bad boy. I did not write / sell a new play, or a new picture book, as I had promised myself. I also failed to gain 1000 YouTube followers. However, I can easily forgive my shortcomings because I surprised myself by writing my longest novel ever, and all entirely within 2019... That, of course, is Twixt & Twerp, which is currently in the hands of my agent.

So now, it's time to generate my 2020 Goals... They will be quite similar to last year's since I didn't accomplish those goals... Here they are:

1) Write / Sell a new picture book

2) Write / Sell a new play

3) Gain +1100 YouTube followers


And... I have been very forward thinking, and I have created a Vision for the Year 2030:

1) I am retired.

2) I have free time.

3) Cheri and I are head-over-heels in love with each other.

4) I have many creative outlets and abilities.

5) We have $100,000 in savings and less than $5000 in credit card debt.

So, that's the vision. I know the universe might have other plans for us... But for now, that's the direction I'd like to head... And I'm ready to get to work!  Part of me is tempted to list something like "my children are happy and successful." However, that's their journey, not mine. It goes without saying that I will do all within my power to help them towards a fulfilling life.

To any and all who read this, HAPPY NEW YEAR! May the Roaring Twenties 2.0 be breathtaking.





No comments:

Post a Comment