Thursday, August 31, 2017

Revisiting the Classics


So far, my Intro to Fiction course is a blast. Bright students, brisk pace. Best of all, it gives me an excuse to revisit some great novels.

The first is Pride and Prejudice. (I believe this is Cheri's all time favorite book / movie / miniseries.) In addition to being enchanted by the text, I have enjoyed exploring Austen's life, as well as her early works from her childhood years. She was quite the wit!

The other novel is one I haven't read since college: Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison. I am just beginning chapter three, and it's already proven to be better than my memories (and I recall loving the book back in the 90s). It seems more relevant than ever before.

It's Labor Day weekend, which is nice. But I've also got my first batch of essays, so it will be a working weekend. But for now, I plan to spend the rest of the evening wrapped up in a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment