Monday, September 4, 2017

Storytime at the Library

Last month, I had the honor of participating in story time at the Mukilteo and Edmonds libraries.


These statues are located outside the Mukilteo Library.


The set-up was very nice. The children's librarian had her own room and she had lots of activities for the kids. I said a quick hello to the families, and let the librarian read my book during the first storytime... and then during the second session I was brave enough to perform a read-aloud of Around the World in a Bathtub for the very first time.  

Later on in the afternoon, my family and I went to the Edmonds library. 


Lots of people showed up for this event, including Neil -- a good friend from my high school days -- and his son. 


The host of storytime was a rockstar among children's librarians. The kids and parents loved her, and in addition to telling stories, singing songs, and telling jokes, she played the accordion.


It was a pleasure getting to read to friends, family, and a lot of new faces. Thanks to all who joined the library storytime. Hopefully there will be more reading events in the near future. Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment