Monday, August 13, 2018

Last Week of Summer!

It's that time of year again... Time to say goodbye to these amazing days of whimsy and relaxation, and time to get ready to go back to the ol' grindstone.

You know how they say, Time Flies... well, lucky for me, this summer felt so jammed packed that it didn't seem like the time flew away from me. It's felt like 90 days... because it's been 90 days. (0 great days -- some of them productive -- some of them lazy. All of them spent with people I truly care about.

My blog posts have been pretty sparse during this time off. However, I have been keeping on journal of the summer... and I have made an entry for every single day. I thought about posting the entries online, but it might be way too boring and self indulgent... It's basically entries such as: "Ate at Wood Ranch Grill; had the tri-tip sandwich" and "I finally watched Ant Man and the Wasp." That sort of thing, just to keep tabs on the events of the day.

So, what am I doing with my last week? (Today I watched the aforementioned Ant Man sequel). Tomorrow and Wednesday I will be organizing my syllabi and course schedules. I'm also going to get ahead on some of the reading for the course. I am teaching something brand new: Introduction to Drama. So, I need to get a bit more familiar with some of the older plays. You know, the really ancient ones from Greece and Rome.

I also have a couple meetings this week. Friday is our Flex Day at Moorpark. That's when we reconnect and touch base with our department / division. They have bagels. So that's nice.

But it won't be all dull, grown-up stuff this week. We will hopefully be visiting the beach this weekend. The perfect way to celebrate the end of a splendid summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment