Monday, May 27, 2019

Summer 2019 -- Knee Deep in Novel Writing


I've been on summer break for eleven days now. I am happy to report that Twixt & Twerp, my middle grade novel, is coming along. Fingers crossed that I will continue to be prolific

My writing process has changed a bit. That is to say, my writing location has changed. During the day, I CANNOT write in this house. That's mainly due to the distraction created by the three dogs who live here. But I think it's also because I went to sit at Starbucks on my first day of summer, and since i had a very productive session, I guess the creative side of my mind now assumes that we have to get out of the house in order to pursue art.

Ah well... at least I'm writing. I'm clocking in about a half-chapter a day, although today I wrote a full chapter. With a little luck and a lot of inspiration, I might be able to complete the first draft by the end of summer. Did i say a "little" luck? Maybe let's double or triple that.

No comments:

Post a Comment