Thursday, November 14, 2019

In the Thick of It...


*sigh*

The days are packed. Mostly with grown-up stuff. Grading essays. Going to and from work. Walking those desperately needy dogs.

There's also been a lot of good stuff going on. Mackenzie turned 21!!!!

My agent likes the first five chapters of my novel!!!

We have an improv show this Saturday!!!


Yet, around us, there's been bad things happening. Today, a 16 year old murdered two students and injured several others. This happened at Saugus High School, about ten miles our neighborhood. So, we've been feeling sad and subdued today.


I'm thankful to be alive. I'm thankful that my family is alive and well. It's not fair that today there are other families that cannot say the same thing.


But here I am, doing what I do. Typing on my blog. I'm sitting in my office at Moorpark College, and as soon as I'm done writing, I will attempt to grade my daily quota of six essays. It makes me think of that sad Robert Frost poem, "Out, Out--"

Little --- less --- nothing! -- and that ended it.
No more to build on there. And they, since they
Were not the one dead, turned to their affairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment