Friday, October 6, 2017

Resolution Check-In: October Edition

It's getting very near the end, folks! As you may or may not know, this is the monthly blog post in which I revisit my New Year's Resolutions to see how we're doing. So let's get to it!

1) Take More Photos (at least two a week)

Lots of good snapshots throughout the month of September, including a photographic essay on the fact that there is far too much pumpkin stuff being sold at Trader Joes!








That's a lot of pumpkin foods. And as much as I love decorating Jack O' Lanterns, I have no interest in eating anything remotely pumpkin flavored. But I digress! The point is, I've been taking photos and therefore this resolution is coming along nicely. 

Achievement: 75% Complete


2) Write / Sell a New Picture Book

The picture book Papa Bear's Page Fright will be in bookstores in 2018. Now, I'm trying to go above and beyond to see if I can sell a second one before the year ends. My dragon book is being revised... and my kitten book is being read by editors as we speak!

ACHIEVEMENT UNCLOCKED


3) Generate Idea for Next Big Project

Yep. Got this done over the summer. 

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED


4) Work on Creative Project with My Daughters

Still not a lot going on with this one. Maybe we'll end up doing something at the last minute?   One issue that's now holding this resolution back: Mackenzie has gone away to college!!!

Em has been thinking of making a music video showing off her ukulele skills, so maybe that'll happen and I'll help her film it. 

ACHIEVEMENT PENDING


5) Show my appreciation more often / Strengthen relationships and communication. 

The more I think about this one, the harder it is for me to quantify... but I've been more active in the last two months than I have during the first half of 2017. 

I'm trying to touch base with a wider range of friends / acquaintances both online and in person. 

I could still do a lot better, and hope to reach out much more during this oncoming holiday season. 

ACHIEVEMENT: 24% Complete

6) Lost ten pounds. 

Yep, still right at 164 pounds... which is 11 pounds lighter than I was back in January. 

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED



No comments:

Post a Comment