Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - October 18th, 2017


That's right -- Word Count Wednesdays are back!

Next semester I will be teaching creative writing again, so I want to get back in the habit of staying motivated and keeping track of my progress, or lack thereof.

What Have I Been Working On?

I've been tinkering with a couple of picture book manuscripts. (The dragon one, and an older nonfiction one about toys.) Also, while going through my morning routine of waking up, brushing my teeth, and taking a shower, I think I figured out what direction to take a novel that i haven't worked on in over six months. hopefully something is unlocked there.

Word Count: 500

How Do I feel About the Process? 

I am in a self-forgiving mood these days... My daughter has been away at college for nearly a month. I've got papers to grade, classes to teach, and family life to attend to... I am hoping that when winter arrives I will become passionate about a new project and the pages will flow. But for now, I am enjoying tinkering and fine-tuning existing drafts.

What am I Reading? 

Lots of stuff this semester! I finished the following...







And I'm in the middle of these two...


No comments:

Post a Comment