Friday, June 14, 2019

The Five O'Clock Frazzle

I spent most of the day writing... and yet today's word count is lighter than most. I never got writer's blocked, but things got a little slow in places... The characters are kind of in a jam -- as they should be in an adventure story -- and it hasn't been easy to get them out. Maybe they won't get out! I don't know how this book is going to end!

I've noticed that on these days when I have the time and energy to write most of the morning and afternoon, I start to get a little bit frazzled by five o'clock. It's like I could keep writing... but it's not going to be very good stuff... at least it's not going to move the plot along. When I start getting close to five o'clock, there's more talking and less action with the characters.

So, now it's after five... I'm telling myself to take a break, so what am I doing. Blogging!

I need to find something to cleanse my mental pallet and give me some fuel for tomorrow's writing adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment