Wednesday, June 26, 2019

The Glorious Summer Blur

During certain years in the past, I have blogged every summer day, recording each date to help preserve it in my memory. These months of creative freedom are precious to me. Silly as that may sound.


So far this summer, I haven't really done that. In part, I think, this may be because I've been having fun on Instagram, taking snapshots during most of the days. But, more likely, I haven't been blogging on a daily basis because many of the days blur together in a wonderful haze, a combination of relaxation and productivity.

There have been exceptional days, of course. Emily's graduation. Mackenzie's latest hospital visit which resulted in a surprisingly good diagnosis (no MS!!! No Syrynx!!! No permanent nerve damage!!! And it seems the occupational therapy has alleviated most if not all of her symptoms!)

Aside from those exceptions, many of the days contain much of the same ingredients.

-- I wake up between 8 and 9 am

-- I exercise a little bit (40 sit ups, 20 push ups, 20 lifts, 20 mountain climbers)

-- I spend time with the dogs

-- I go some place to write (usually a Starbucks)

-- I do some errands / chores with Cheri

-- I walk the dogs

-- hang out with the girls

-- I usually write outside in the yard (with the dogs)

-- we eat dinner (sometimes at home, sometimes out somewhere)


In addition to my novel, I have also been:

-- writing new picture books (one has been submitted this week)

-- working on All Inclusive (the new Bradford / Flowers play)

-- revising Visions in the Midnight Realm


When I'm too tired to work on my writing, I entertain myself with...


-- going out to the movies (Cheri and I watched Toy Story 4 & Rocketman)

-- going to some plays (Ernest & Moonlight and Magnolias)

-- binge watching shows with David Tennant (Good Omens, Jessica Jones)

-- reading / listening to Stephen King (Dreamcatcher & Insomnia)

-- playing my snowboarding video game

-- reading old Spiderman comics (online)


I've been doing my best to avoid eating sugar. I'm trying to get more fit than my current state. I could stand to lose five to ten pounds, but the scale has read about 170 all summer long.


When I get tired at night, I make bad food choices, so I really should just go to bed earlier than I do.

So far, this summer is glorious! I hope yours is too.

Leave me a comment to let me know what you're up to!

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful news about Mackenzie! I am really happy for her!

    ReplyDelete