Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Day #149: Rainbow Sprinkles

A while ago I created a picture book about a girl who goes for a walk to an ice cream parlor. Along the way, she kindly offers to walk a neighbors dog... and then more neighbors ask her to walk their pets, and a misadventure ensues.

I sketched a picture book dummy for that idea, and that helped me develop the spirit of the main character, the unsinkable six year old girl named Rainbow.

Since then, I've been asking myself a lot of questions about this protagonist. Where does she live? Who is her family? What does she want out of life? Those questions led to my latest, craziest project, a graphic novel that I'm currently calling: Duck Town.

I'm not the best artist in the world. Heck, I'm not even the best artist in my house. But I've been having a great time drawing this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment