Friday, December 18, 2015

Day #307: Parody is Hard Work!

When I'm not working on Duck Town, or grading Final exams, or studying my lines from Bullshot Crummond, I've been distracting myself with a little project.

I've been trying to create a parody of the opening rap from my favorite musical of the decade: Hamilton.

I've been trying to retell the story of Rudolph in the style of Lin-Manuel Miranda, but man it's been a challenge! (The guy's such a genius, I'm having a hard time just coming up with a silly satire!)

Here's what I have so far...

How does a runt of a reindeer
Son of a doe and a dumb buck get stuck
in the middle of a magical lil’ spot in the Arctic region
by providence is punished with a red nose
Grow up to be the hero of the North Pole?

The stop motion, little puppet w/no puppet master
got a lot faster by flying in skies vaster
floating like a jedi master,
nose glowin like a laser blaster
It’s so lame – they kept him out of every reindeer game.


Hoping to add more soon before Christmas is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment