Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Word Count Wednesday: March 15th, 2017


Happy spring break, Moorpark students! Enjoy it while it lasts! Gather ye rosebuds while ye may!

What am I working on? 
I finished chapter three of the adventure Middle Grade novel. These chapters are turning out rather short, so I might rethink my organizational strategy. Not sure yet.

I am also still brainstorming characters and ideas for a play about an all-inclusive resort. Haven't written any dialogue yet, but I plan to start before the weekend is over.


Word Count: 3000


How Do I Feel about the Process?

There's still a little uncertainty about this book... I think because so far I have written about 5000 words and it's all basically been one continuous scene. That habit -- for better or worse -- comes from my playwright background.

I am enjoying spending time with these characters, and because I am modeling the setting after a real place from my childhood, the writing process is making me feel pleasantly nostalgic.


What am I Reading? 

Three more chapters to go with the Malcolm Gladwell book.

Also, I finally finished reading all four novellas in Stephen King's collection Different Seasons. (I hadn't gotten around to reading The Breathing Method until now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment