Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day #103: Desert Springs: A No-Net Getaway


The family and I went to visit Grandma and Grandpa out in the desert. It was a relaxing weekend, one spent away from the internet.

You don't realize how addicted you are to the world wide web until you are cut off from it.

I constantly check my email and Facebook all day long. It's been this way for about four or five years. When my first book was on verge of being sold, I kept checking my email for a response from my editor. Even after I received my first contract I still kept looking at my email -- I can't explain why.

Nowadays, I am still hoping to receive more good news from an editor or an agent... But do I really need to check that sucker fifty times a day? how much would I get done if I could control myself and spend no more than five minutes each day looking at email and social media? I've developed a bad habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment