Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day #99: Thankful to the Muse

I don't know the source of inspiration... but from wherever it comes, I am truly thankful.

Such was the case this morning. I was sitting at my desk while students were taking a quiz, and I had one of those "AHA" moments. This time it was about the revision for my latest picture book... I guess I can start to promote the name of it now, since the contract has been signed and everything's moving forward...

My latest picture book: There's a Dinosaur on the 14th Floor

Whoo-hoo! It's going to be published by Candlewick Press, and yesterday my editor asked when I thought I would be submitting the first revision of the manuscript. I guessed that I would have something by Friday, but I was feeling daunted. I wasn't sure how to improve the book, not because it was flawless (hardly!) but because I was worried about taking the picture book apart. What if I can't put it back together again?! What if I break it?!


No comments:

Post a Comment