Saturday, August 8, 2015

Day #196: Countdown to SCBWI Conference

We're back from VidCon. The girls didn't want it to end, and I totally understand. That's how I feel about the SCBWI conference.


This afternoon and evening I focused on coloring the remaining images of Duck Town -- Chapter One. It's now a race against the clock to see if I can produce enough polished material to warrant entering the portfolio showcase.


I think I'll be able to have the lettering down for all of the word bubbles, but I was also hoping to have one or two picture book dummies...


On top of the rush to finish, there's also the nagging feeling that I just don't belong in the showcase. My work is very amateurish in comparison to 99% of the entrants -- and I don't want to embarrass myself or my agent.


On the other hand, my experience with SCBWI over the years has been nothing but friendly and encouraging.


And, my goal isn't to show off my art but to show off my concept for Duck Town. Speaking of which, I better stop blogging and get back to the drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment