Sunday, January 1, 2017

My Word of the Year


For the last six years my wife has developed a tradition. On New Year's Day, she waits for a word to come to her, a word that will serve as the theme for the st of the year. She says she can't just pick the word, the word picks her. Past words have included:

"Journey"

"Dream"

"Reach"

And

"Health"

These words give her a good sense of purpose and focus throughout the following 365 days, so I've decided to try it out myself.

A few days ago the word "persevere" popped into my head, so I thought that would be it. However, yesterday I realized that the word, which means to continue on despite adversity, was really ideal for this year that has just concluded: 2016.

So, today, another word has found me. My word for 2017 is "Listen."

Do you have a word of the year? Tell me about it. I'm all ears.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment