Friday, February 17, 2017

Letter from a Student-Director


Yesterday, I received this very kind email yesterday (the names have been removed for privacy sake):

Hello, 

I am a senior at Fargo North High School in Fargo, ND. I'm not sure if you've even heard of Fargo, but that's not the point of this email.

The point of this email is that I wanted to thank you. My high school director has a unique opportunity he provides students, which is to create a "Student-Directed Project". The student-directed project is completely student-led from the show pick, to the casting, costumes, marketing, the whole shebang really! My good friend and I actually chose your show, "Director's Nightmare", to present as our senior project. 

We open tomorrow for our one show run, and I write this because I've worked in many shows and I find that typically by the time opening night rolls around, the script feels dead. 
We've been rehearsing as a cast since just after Christmas, but I'm still really enjoying my cast have fun with it. Now, obviously part of my enjoyment is from seeing what my cast has decided to do with their characters, but they wouldn't be able to do what they're doing without your script.

Again, thank you so much for being a huge part of this experience for me (no matter how willingly you participated) and keep on doing the great work you've been doing.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.




Needless to say, I felt very honored. Break a leg, Fargo thespians! 

No comments:

Post a Comment