Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Word-Count Wednesday -- Feb. 22nd, 2017


What Am I Working On?

I finished the first chapter of a middle-grade novel last week, but I haven't found the time to begin Chapter Two. I have been brainstorming about it, though. I think it has potential. The thing about me as a writer is if I can get past chapter five, I will definitely finish the book. However, there are certain projects that have lagged around chapter three or four, and I ultimately never finish them. Hopefully that won't happen with my current project.

I have also been brainstorming with my friend / writing partner Christopher Flowers. we are collaborating on a new play. So far, we've come up with a variety of ideas and we've whittled them down to two... One takes lace at a monestary. The other is set in the world's worst all-inclusive resort.

Word Count: 100 (just a few lines of dialogue... Rather sad, really)
How Do I Feel about the Process:

How Do I Feel about the Process?
As I mentioned last Wednesday, I am trying to balance work with art... And work keeps winning. I spent most of the weekend grading papers for English 1A and 1B.

Let's hope I get back to the novel this weekend. Gotta get back on that drive for Chapter Five!

What am I Reading? 

Malcolm Gladwell's David and Goliath.

No comments:

Post a Comment