Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Word Count Wednesday - Feb. 1st, 2017


What am I Working On?

I have been feverishly revising my children's book: THERE'S A DINOSAUR ON THE 13th FLOOR.

This will be coming out in 2018 thanks to the amazing Candlewick Press. I have seen the sketches by illustrator Kevin Hawkes. They are as wildly imaginative as I had hoped they would be.

Word Count: 650

That's not very much, but you should have seen all the words I added and then removed. Very exhausting!


How Do I Feel About the Process?

I am so thankful that I was so productive yesterday. I spent most of this week doing grown-up work stuff. (Bleah!) And lots of driving around teenage daughters to a variety of locations. The only time I really had to focus on this creative project was yesterday. But the thing is, I was letting ideas cook the whole time I wasn't able to write. So by the time I sat down with my trusty pencil, I had just about everything worked out in my head.


What am I reading?

I just finished reading about 65 in-class essays. They were all personal narratives, and some were exceptional stories.

I am also re-reading Stephen King's On Writing. And, of course, the blogs of my Creative Writing students.

No comments:

Post a Comment