Thursday, March 23, 2023

Today's Project: Revising my Middle Grade Novel

 

Yesterday was a typical Wednesday. I was at Moorpark all day (not just teaching -- my class and I watched The Tempest!) 

But it was typical in the sense that by the time I arrived home, I was tired and lazy. Cheri had a meeting, so it was just me and the dogs. I wasn't quite tired enough to take a nap, but I was too worn-out to do anything but sit, eat, and watch TV. Kinda pathetic... but that's how my Wednesdays have been going! 


Today, my long weekend has begun. I'll have a batch of essays arriving in my inbox by Monday... so hopefully I'll make the most of my free time during the next few days. 


The main thing I'm working on: My Middle grade fantasy. My agent sent me some notes a few days ago, and it's finally time to dig into the book, once again.  


In other news, I went on a little binge read of an old comic series I used to like... The Walking Dead. Back when it came out, I was hooked on the premise (the was before the dawn of the TV show). But I stopped reading about the time Negan gets caught... After that, I felt like I could leave the community of survivors at Hilltop and company. 

But I'm glad I got back to it... I actually finished the last issue last weekend, Sunday I think... and the conclusion was very satisfying -- and a bit surprising because of the sudden time jump, about twenty years into the future when Carl is all grown up and has a kid of his own. 



The storyline went very deep into how things fall apart and eventually comeback together. What a ride!





Today's Progress: 

-- Revised 45 pages of the Bloomsquash Book  ( 1 / 8  Novels )


No comments:

Post a Comment