Friday, March 6, 2015

Day #59: Detecting Time Wasters

I finished watching "House of Cards" Season Three. Now, I can proceed with my life.

I've noticed that during my busy semesters that I become addicted to distractions. With all of the papers I have to grade, and the responsibilities of work (not to mention directing 3 Musketeers), it's very tempting to let my brain go into vegetation mode and sit in front of the computer or the TV.

Because of this, I don't get very much creative writing accomplished. It seems the only time I truly devote myself to writing is during summer breaks. That's not going to suffice if I want to become a working author.

So, here are the Time Wasters I need to cut back on...

Binge Watching Netflix
Facebooking
Constantly Checking My Emails

The other thing that I do with my free time is listen to talk radio during my drive to and from work.  If I gave up that simple pleasure and spent my time recording ideas while I drive, I might be even more productive.



No comments:

Post a Comment