Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day #83: The World of Wrestlemania

The family and I went over to Joel's house. (He's one of my best friends.) He has been obsessed with Professional Wrestling ever since he was a child. I used to think it was a very silly form of entertainment, but Joel's passion for the -- dare I say -- "art form" gradually became infectious. I certainly wouldn't consider myself a fan, but I do enjoy the two or three times a year when I drop by Joel's house to watch a pay-per-view event.

I find the world-building aspect of wrestling fascinating.  There's a complex history, both fictional and non-fictional, and oftentimes the lines between story and truth become very blurred. As I writer, I must admit I am envious of this industry's soap-opera-styled twists and turns.


No comments:

Post a Comment