Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day #61: "Strangers" - New One Act Play by Wade Bradford


Last May, in a flurry of fourty eight hours, I wrote a one-act play called "Strangers." Although I hope that it's highly amusing, the piece is also one of my more serious works, at least it's serious beneath the surface.

Like other plays such as "Conflict" and "Genre," this one is more than a bit odd. It takes place over the course of ninety years and involves two people who interract with one another every five years or so, but they never really meet each other...

I sent it to a few different places, and didn't hear back. I received a couple rejections and then a "maybe," and then finally a YES!

Heuer Plays offered me a contract, and it looks like theater lovers will be able to meet "Strangers" in the very near future.

2 comments:

  1. I just read your play, I thought it was incredible. I am a middle school drama teacher and I am seriously considering using "Strangers" as our play this year.

    I wanted to find out more about the play and ran into your blog. Would you recommend your play to a middle school audience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brett! thanks for your comment.

    Yes, I think "Strangers" would be a fun challenge for middle school drama students. They would have fun playing the wide range of ages.

    ReplyDelete