Thursday, May 7, 2015

Day #121: Working with Pat Mannion

I've known Pat for about five years now... but I must not know him that well, because he never fails to surprise me. This guy is a true Renaissance man. He knows about engineering, aerospace, graphic design, improvisation, theater set design, construction, so much stuff! (In fact, I believe he took all the photos that I just posted on my blog.)

I was so fortunate to have his expertise throughout the run of "The Three Musketeers." He served as my assistant director -- which meant that the rehearsal ran like that cliche about the well oiled machine. And, he did more than assist... he gave insight and advice and ideas. He's going to be a great director.

He's also a producer, a CTG board member, and he designed and built all of the shows set pieces. But no matter how hugely influential he has been for the Musketeers, I'll always remember him as the slimy fish-eating Gollum from The Hobbit.



No comments:

Post a Comment