Saturday, May 9, 2015

Day #123: May 14th -- Upcoming Shmooze in Santa Clarita (An SCBWI Event)

In previous blog posts I've already mentioned my love for this organization, but I'll repeat myself: SCBWI is awesome.

It's the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, and it's thanks to this international group that I have been able to meet inspiring people, fellow aspiring authors, and incredibly kind professionals that have helped me enter the world of children's books.

One of those amazing people is Laurisa White Reyes who took it upon herself to organize a chapter in our local Santa Clarita area. We meet once a month at our local Barnes and Noble. (I believe it's every second Thursday.)

This week (May 14th) I will be part of a panel of authors that discusses the pros and cons of self-publishing. I don't have nearly as much experience as others in this particular department -- but I do feel my self-published play Tomorrow's Wish is a nice little tale of success.

If you are interested in writing or illustrating children's books, I strongly advise that you explore this organization: www.scbwi.org

And if you live in Santa Clarita, come visit us this Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment