Saturday, June 11, 2016

Dreams and Things (Summer - Day 24)

This morning I dreamt we were visiting a small town on the edge of the Sahara Desert. I wandered away from our hotel so I could see the sand dunes. After working my way past scraggly hills covered with sage, I found these pure, seemingly untouched dunes. I turned my head to the left and beheld these beautiful yet unforgiving desert mountains. It took my breath away (which probably resulted in snoring). On my way back to the hotel, I noticed a pack of brigands on horseback. They seemed like Taliban. And they seemed like they were waiting for idiotic American tourists to wander into the desert to be kidnapped. Needless to say, I woke up rather startled. 



Right now as I type this, it's 9pm. I'm with Mackenzie at the Canyon Theatre. She is working with grips and gaffers (movie folks) helping them get the lighting plot back to its original setting so that Hello Dolly will be ready for tomorrow night. It's really cool to see her working with such confidence. She really knows her stuff. And these professionals respect her. 

Cheri and I watched episodes two and three of Game of Thrones. I can tell early on why this show is so addicting. Lots of interesting characters and conflicts -- and this sense of foreboding. You definitely want to binge. Oh, and we had take-out from PeiWei, so it was a particularly indulgent day. 

Most of the business today involved turning the Duck Town jpegs into PDF chapters. I sent them to Abi my agent... So now it's time to play the waiting game, which might prove to be a very long game since my agent is on hiatus until the middle of July! 


No comments:

Post a Comment